This device's IP address is: 220.127.116.11
This connection does not appear to be a valid MTCO IP address.Please reload this page from a device using an MTCO connection to check if you may be eligible to convert your conection to DHCP.
Why use DHCP (Dynamic Host Control Protocol)?
Automatic DHCP simplifies your connection to the internet. Currently, a username and password are stored in your router which checks MTCO servers to see if that username and password are valid. If they are, MTCO’s server sends an IP address back to your router, which is used to connect to the internet. With DHCP, a username and password are not necessary. Your router simply asks MTCO’s server for an IP address, which it sends after verifying that your account is active.
For those customers who opt to purchase a third-party router instead of leasing one of MTCO’s, the setup process is simple with DHCP since most routers default to using DHCP out of the box. Once the router is plugged in, simply follow the setup procedure, choosing DHCP if necessary for the connection type.
Besides the obvious benefits of easily swapping or setting up a new router, DHCP provides lower latency and less overhead providing you with a faster and more responsive internet connection.
How do I know if I am eligible for DHCP?
All digiMAX Internet Services and digiMAX Fiber Internet Services support DHCP and are eligible.
And as of January 2019, some but not all, Broadserv High-Speed Internet services (with download speeds of 4MB – 10MB), may be eligible depending on location:
How long will it take to change my internet service to DHCP?
- Eureka, Morton, Peoria area- Not eligible.
- Marseilles, Metamora, Germantown Hills- Some connections are eligible. MTCO is currently in the process of performing network upgrades in these areas to achieve 100% eligibility.
It only takes a few minutes to make the change. The internal settings on your router need to be updated to use DHCP. If you are leasing an MTCO router, our technicians can access your router from our office and change the settings, which takes about five minutes.
If you have your own third-party router, there are three options available to you:
How do I contact MTCO to change to DHCP?
- If you know how to access the routers configuration settings, call our technicians to coordinate making the change in your router along with changes needed at MTCO.
- You can also opt to bring your router in to your local MTCO office during tech support hours and our technicians will be happy to make the setting changes for you.
- If you do not know how to access your routers settings and are not able to bring it in for a free configuration change, you can work with MTCO technicians from your home to establish a remote support session to allow our technicians to make the necessary changes for you.
Call us at 800-859-6826
, or stop by your local office during tech support hours:
Monday thru Friday 8 AM – 9 PM / Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM
Monday thru Friday 8 Am – 5 PM