MTCO Voice Support
· Metamora, IL
· Germantown Hills, IL
· Washington, IL
· Marseilles, IL
1What is "Safety Voice"?
Safety Voice allows ONLY incoming calls at a lower rate. You can not make outbound calls aside from Emergency 911 calls which are available and routed directly to your local dispatcher in instances where mobile phone may not be!
2How do I use my voice mailbox?
Voice Mailbox Number:
GERMANTOWN HILLS: 309-383-MAIL (6245)
METAMORA: 309-367-MAIL (6245)
Voice Mailbox Shortcut (from home only) Dial *99
Initial Voice Mailbox Setup
1. Dial the Voice Mailbox Number listed above.
2. Wait for the greeting and press #, then enter 9999 and then pres # again.
3. Follow the voice pormpts to change your password.
Record your greeting
1. Access your voice mailbox using the numbers above using the home phone subscribed to the service.
2. Press 9 for the mailbox setup menu.
3. Press 1 for greeting options.
4. Press 2 to record your greeting.
5. Record your greeting and then press #.
FROM THE HOME PHONE SUBSCRIBED TO THE SERVICE
1. Dial Voice Mailbox number listed above or *99
2. When prompted, enter your password and then press #.
FROM A DIFFERENT PHONE
1. Dial Voice Mailbox number listed above
2. Enter your 10-digit home phone mumber.
3. When prompted, enter your password and then press #.
Change Voicemail Password
1. Access your voice mailbox
2. Press 9 for the mailbox setup menu.
3. Press 2 to change your password.
4. Enter your new password and then press #.
5. When prompted to verify the password, enter it again and then press #.
Retrieve a Voicemail
1. Access your voice mailbox.
2. Your first new message may play immediately. If not, press 1 to listen to your messages. You will hear the announcement "You have x new messages and x saved messages."
3. Press 1 to listen to new messages.
4. Press 2 to listen to saved messages.
When Retrieving Messages, You can:
Press 1 Play the message again
Press 2 Save the message and play the next
Press 3 Delete the message and play the next
Press 4 Save the message as new
Press 5 Reply to the message*
Press 6 Forward the message to another mailbox*
Press 7 Skip backward in the message
Press 8 To pause the message
Press 9 To skip forward in the message
* Voice Mail package must be set to allow this capability
3Will my landline phone service (AKA traditional phone service) work during a power outage with Fiber Service?
Backup Power for Phone Services during Power Outages (Fiber) Please note: This information only pertains to hardwired phones with a cord, to be operational during a power outage. Cordless phones will not be operational.
For many years, your phone would allow you to stay connected to emergency voice services during a power outage. However, many of today’s advanced phone services require backup power to continue functioning during an outage. To avoid a disruption of voice service during an outage – and to maintain the ability to connect to 911 emergency services - we at MTCO offer you the option of backup power for your phone service.
What Your Backup Power Can – and Can’t – Do for You
Without a backup battery or alternate backup source such as a generator, customers will not be able to make any calls, including emergency calls to 911. The only way to maintain the ability to use your phone is by using some form of backup power.
MTCO’s Battery Backup Units (BBUs) for optical network terminals (ONTs) allow you to continue to use your voice services during a power outage. These BBUs do not provide power to any services other than voice. Security systems, medical monitoring devices, and other equipment will not run on the BBU.
BBU and Battery Options
MTCO offers fiber voice customers the option of installing a BBU with up to 8 hours of battery life (one battery included at time of installation). Customers also have the option to purchase additional batteries at current market pricing to get up to 24 hours of battery life. Installation of a BBU from MTCO includes both the BBU and the cord that goes from the BBU to the ONT. Additional batteries and/or replacement batteries will be sold to customers at the current market value. Upon service disconnection, the BBU must be returned to MTCO to avoid a charge for unreturned equipment.
If you have any questions or would like to have a BBU installed, please call 1-800-859-6826 or visit your local MTCO office. Customers can also provide their own BBU and/or replacement batteries. If you do not feel comfortable installing your own BBU, please call us to make an appointment, and we will be happy to assist you. However, please note that there may be a charge for this service.
Expected Backup Power Duration
Backup batteries are expected to last at least 8 hours on standby power. A customer can also elect to get a 16-hour or 24-hour option.
Instructions for Proper Care and Use of Your BBU
Please follow the more detailed instructions included with your BBU for proper use, storage, and care of your battery to ensure that it will function properly during a power outage. Environmental factors such as temperature can shorten your BBU’s useful life. We recommend that you store your BBU above 41°F and below 104°F. These batteries are rechargeable, but should be replaced every 5 to 10 years, or when the battery indicator light is illuminated or the BBU beeps nonstop indicating the battery is dying. See the instructions above for purchase and replacement options. You should also periodically remove and test your battery to verify both the operation of the backup battery and its condition. Please refer to the warranty information included with your BBU.
4What equipment is installed with my MTCO service?
This guide is provided to help you identify equipment that may be installed in your home based on the MTCO services you are subscribed to and use.
If you are unsure or need additional assistance, technical support is able to provide you with details in regard to the MTCO equipment that you are currently using.
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm